[amayausers.com] Re: QUICKBOOKS PREMIER RETAIL

  • From: "Frank Cahoon" <fec3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:55:35 -0400

We use QuickBooks Premier Accountant's edition.  It includes all the various
premier QuickBooks editions and I believe is the same price.  While it
appears Intuit just went up on the price you can become a ProAdvisor for
$449 a year.  This includes the Accountant's version any updates that come
out during the year, a years subscription to their payroll service, a
special support hotline for members only, and QuickBooks Enterprise
Accounting Solution (QuickBooks on Steroids for bigger companies)that
includes the ODBC drivers you will need to access the database directly from
any ODBC compliant programs like Excel and Access.  In addition to those
basic services you can also add your choice of the following"
    *Additional licenses of QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition($199 each)
    * Point-of-Sale Multi-Store ($99 each)
    * QuickBooks Pro for Mac 2007 ($99 each)
    * QuickBooks Merchant Services (1 year subscription of credit card
service) for $69/year
    *Save 10% - 30% on QuickBooks products and services that you purchase on
behalf of your clients.

If you are looking to get Quickbooks and need multiple licenses or some of
the other programs like Point of Sale, Credit Cards or Payroll it is
normally cheaper to pay the annual subscription to be a pro-advisor.  The
link for more information is
http://proadvisor.intuit.com/content/program/overview.jhtml

As far as the program goes, I am a CPA and I have helped others get the
program set up.  I find it is pretty easy to learn and to use.  It is pretty
powerful considering the market that it was written for.  I don't really
find much added functionality with the retail version.  If you are going to
spend the money get the accountants version.  It will have all the retail
reports and add ons plus a lot more.  Last time I checked it was the same
cost as the other premier editions.  I don't know if you use the EZ Stitch
program but I know they have a new improved interface to integrate the
systems.

Another program you can look at is the new version of Microsoft Small
Business Accounting.  I have a number of friends that have switched to that
and seemed to like it.  It has some neat features especially if you ever
sell things on eBay.  The thing I have found is businesses has unique
business requirements and needs.  I would suggest getting a demo copy of the
programs and taking them for a test drive.  While we prefer QuickBooks
because it is simple, I can integrate it with the POS program if I choose
and the accountant's version has some neat features like fixed asset manager
other people will use the program as a glorified checkbook and accounts
receivable management program.

Hopefully that helps.

Frank Cahoon
Cahoon's Closet