[amayausers.com] Re: Puckering on poly blend woven dress shirts

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 21:47:55 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1588.html#000001

I rarely do lettering but from other column stitches that I've digitized I can
tell you that it is probably not pulling in but pushing put that is causing
your puckering.  This is a problem that is particularly noticeable where an
element comes to a sharp point (i.e. the tops of an A or M); the stitches
piling up in the corner cause the fabric to be pushed out, particularly if it
is lightweight.  A hint that Rod and Sharon gave me that has helped is to cap
these types of corners.  I'm not sure how this would work for lettering so
someone else will have to jump in here.  It's probably not a problem on the
pique because the fabric has enough stretch to accommodate the stitching.