[amayausers.com] Re: Presser Foot Slipped?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:58:42 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1016.html#000002

We've had to adjust our presser foot after it whacked the side of a hoop and
slide up in the bracket assembly that holds it. Our tech (Brian) walked me
through it over the phone but I can't remember how to tell you to do it. It's
an easy fix-once you open the front of the needle head assembly there is a 'cam
wheel' facing you and you see the shaft for the foot right there. I think you
need the needle in 'heads down', loosen up the foot (can't remember if it's a
hex screw or what) and drop it down, tighten it back up...was very simple to
do. I know we need to do it again-it's creeped up so 'all the way down' isn't
touching anymore. I know last month I heard it slapping on a hoop in the upper
right hand part of a sewout...annoying but fixable.
Give your friendly tech a call and see if he/she will tell you how to do it if
it's not in the 'manual' on the computer.
Roland