[amayausers] Re: Plastic Sided Bobbins - Small Text Settings

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:43:03 -0400

1) we've used the magnetic bobbins, just recently...save them for when we
have trouble with looping and false bobbin breaks and nothing else seems to
work. (you get less per roll so it costs more, but hey, it stopped the
problem!)
2) small type...I also could not get smaller lettering in one design-no
matter what I did (microblock?) it really was bad. Ended up making my 'own'
lettering by using designshop pro and 'writing' the text on top of the typed
text with 'walk normal' stitch and set it to 15 pt I think. I was lettering
'around' a triangular school logo and the type had to be legible but about
.18 high or so, all caps, like helvetica or microblock. Then I deleted the
'typed' font that I used as a template to follow. No underlayment or
anything...and it looked great (except on a cordoroy textured hat-that was
just terrible-stopped using them) on canvas and poplin smooth front hats. I
also have not had good luck in using fonts as small as the font list says
they can go....
something for advanced training to deal with!
Roland

From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:13:55 -0400
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Plastic Sided Bobbins - Small Text Settings

Hey all -

What brand of plastic sided bobbins are you using.  I ordered some from one
of our suppliers and the fit was just too tight in the bobbin case.
Couldn't use them.  They seemed to fit in our brother emb machine so we will
use them there.  Is anyone on the list using the Magna Core bobbins with the
amaya, or the sideless bobbins?

On another topic...

Another frustrating night in small text land.  Worked on a design for 3
hours last nite and still am not happy.  We are using 60 weight thread
(madiera - what brands do you all use) and the smaller needle to go with it
and it does look better than the 40, but still, the letters just don't look
as crisp as I would like.  To start with, the logo design we are sewing just
plain stinks, but I can't tell the customer that... sigh.  We've tried HD
backing, 2 slices of backin, with solvy, without... etc.  Just looking to
see what you all do when faced with .20 or smaller text.

Thanks in advance for insight/input.

- - - - - - - -

John Yaglenski
Levelbest Embroidery

I: www.levelbestembroidery.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779
F: 501-631-4544

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.