[amayausers.com] Re: Placement of back design

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:49:41 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1306.html#000005

ginabea,

I don't know that this was your partictular issue, but don't use the laser
light to find the center, or X marks the Spot, especially on a cap or any other
thick material.

On a cap visually line up a needle with the center seam, if you are centering
on the front that is.....

The laser, even though we try to use it for centering, is primarily a tracing
tool to determine hoop limits.

For a test, place a dot on a piece of paper, place the dot directly of the
needleplate hole, hole your laser button down and then carefully lift the paper
straight up. You will notice that the laser will appear to move towards the
back and also to the right. This has to do with the laser light coming down at
an angle to the material.

So as the material gets thicker as on the center seam of a cap, if the laser
was used to center the center seam of the cap, because of the thick center
seam, your design will sew off center just a bit...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer