[amayausers] Re: Patch

  • From: OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:38:43 EST

I guess I cheat when I do my patches.  I hoop a layer of 2 oz.  cutaway, and
use sticky spray to hold the poplin on top.  Then I do the  first part of the
applique, and when the machine stops for color change, press  the stop button.
 Then take the hoop off, reset the design and  recenter the hoop.  Unhoop the
piece, and hoop ANOTHER piece of 2 oz.  cutaway.  On the first piece, cut
exactly next to the stitching.  You  have just created your patch "blank", for
lack of a better word.

Put the 2nd piece of hooped 2 oz. cutaway in the machine, and do the  outline
stitch again, to where the machine makes its first stop for color  change,
and press the red stop button again.  DO NOT UNHOOP.  Use  sticky spray;
lightly
spray the piece in the hoop, and then stick your blank to  it, using the
outline you just stitched as an alignment tool.

Put hoop back in machine, and press the green start button.  Stand  back and
watch the fun!