[amayausers.com] Re: PDF to vector

  • From: "Juli Damazo" <julid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amaya Users" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:52:20 -1000

I just tried it out on a PDF and it worked pretty well.  This is what I did:

Essentially what I did was took the PDF, copied out only the part I wanted, and when I got it into DS, converted it directly to embroidery without turning it first into a vector.

I have a program called SnagIt. Awsome little program that I use all the time! I selected the word Melco out of a PDF file using Snagit ( www.snagit.com ). SnagIt puts it in its own program where I copied it to the clipboard. I then brought up DS Pro+ and Ctrl V and there was my graphic! And it wasn't very jagged at all. Then I used "Convert Graphic" to get it directly into embroidery. It worked fairly well, but this method is never going to be perfect - not unless you start out with a vector. And changeing any raster graphic to vector is a very chancy business and never really good. So you are always going to have to tweak some or a lot.

But using SnagIt does work well enough. When I cntl V to paste the graphic into DS, it comes fairly small. Depending on how big you want it, the graphic will get worse and worse. So, practically speaking, you can't enlarge to graphic too much.

If you want, send my the pdf file ( julid at hawaii dot rr dot com ) and I will use Snagit to grab the graphic and send it to you. Then you can play with it yourself.

Juli in Kona