[amayausers.com] Re: PCB help!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:37:04 UT

This message was posted by Brain on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1021.html

Alright - I've searched and searched but can't find any information on the PCB.
 There is a grey button in the center of it that I think would act like a 'CMOS
clear' button on a PC.

I'm sure that my problem is on the PCB because it gives a false thread break
after three stitches, with no thread break.  We have four XT machines and I
swapped in a known good threadbreak sensor - no luck.

Then, instead of cutting all of the ties and swapping the harness, I just
swapped PCBs between a known good one and this machine.  The problem went with
the PCB.  Exact same symptoms/behavior.

The screwy thing is that these machines were bought new, but the boad has a PCB
that had been re-worked (or not new). You can tell from solvent marks around
the main CPU that it was replaced.  In other words - Melco sold us a "new"
machine with defective used (or factory reconditioned) parts - and now wants
$1300 MORE in order for us to get our "new" machine to work right.

We got them with extended warranties, a tech has come out ($$$ for travel),
numerous hours have been spent with tech support, all to no avail.  This
machine has been the only one of the four that has been problematic.  We let
the warranties expire because it seemed like we were just throwing money at it
and not getting the problem fixed.

I'm an engineer that is used to working with control systems (industial CNC
metalcutting equipment mostly), and I can see where the SRAM, DRAM, CPU, etc.
is located and I can read the LEDs to see which state the control is in.

If anybody can give me any information on the PCB reset button, it would be
greatly appreciated.