[amayausers] Re: Opinions wanted

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:14:16 -0400

Whew, I thought you meant 48 colors!!!!
My biggest jacket back to date has around 30 color changes-only because of
all the multiple outline colors that we found would have to be done as each
letter  or part of the logo was sewn-enough jacket shift that we couldn't do
a single color at a time. Only had 6 colors I think...but 3 outline colors,
etc. Takes forever to sew but looks great.
When I first set it up I tried to do it with only 5 or 6 changes-but the
main logo is a 12" 'ring' with inside and outside outline colors, lettering
on top of that, then big company intials inside with multiple colors, then
an american flag waving underneath. Never could get the main 'ring' to stay
put as it sewed to come back and line up for the 'rings', so we had to do
each part of the logo as a 'unit' and then move one. The waving flag was
actually the easiest part and I rebuilt that from a crude Dakota design that
was pitiful....
Roland