[amayausers] Re: Opinions wanted

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:46:57 -0700

Prices are going to vary by your market area as well. I do most of my contract work for .50 per thousand. I have to have enough retail work to make up for the low $$$ on contract work, but the contract work is much easier and generally is higher volume orders which keeps all the heads running. I have one customer I do hats for, flexfits front and back for $2.85. I can do 100 in about 6 hours using 2 single heads.

The end of June and first part of July I do tons of ALLSTARS hats and jackets. I worked 10-14 hours days all this week (my 2 part time employees decided to take vacation this week) and still had to come in at 6 this morning. Almost done with hats and visors (3-4 logos per hat/visor) so next week I can start my jacket backs (I expect around 150 - 200 this year) and hopefully still get a few days off for the 4th :)

As far as hats go you don't have to sell them for $5 to get them out the door. I do around 2500 hats a month and sell them for $8-10 with no complaints from my customers. The price shoppers will go to places like Otto to get a deal but I find lots of people would rather put money back into the local economy and deal with local businesses.

Guess I better get on these names, got 35 more to do by 11:00 :)

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR