[amayausers] Re: Opinions wanted

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <Jack@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:48:48 -0600

Roland
This is an interesting post. Things don't really change much. The small mom
and pop embroiderers really can't compete against the large guys with dozens
of heads sewing 16 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week. These guys will embroider
for 40 cents a 1000 all day long. Just look at OTTO's prices. I am not
singling them out for ridicule at all. They do good work. You can look at
others too. A minimum 48 hat order can be sewed for $1.60 each for 4K
stitches. If you do contract embroidery you can't compete with that. There
are contractors out there doing flats for 40 cents too. My rate is $2.50
plus $.50/1000. There is no way I can make any money doing embroidery alone.
I have to have the garment markup.

Jack Fuller