[amayausers.com] Re: Operating system ?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:01:23 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/117.html#000003

Keep in mind...if you do NOT buy the program from Melco, you may end up HAVING
to buy a brand new program from them if you want upgrades or tech service!
Without having a 'registered' program from Melco, they are not obligated to
give you any help by phone or anything-and at times-that is well worth the
money!
In addition-are you able to buy a WARRANTY with this used machine? At $300-$500
PER VISIT from a service tech-repairs can easily escalate into thousands of
dollars for broken parts.
If he has kept it under warranty, that should be transferable FOR A FEE through
Melco, and then (our warranty) costs $100 per month.
We wouldn't live without it! What you might want to do is find someone in Amaya
land here that is going from a single machine to multi machines-they may have
to buy the multi head version of the program, which means a new dongle...and
may have their single head program/dongle available. Perhaps something can be
worked out that way, and Melco would 'sell' you service help for a fee. Without
any warranty on the machine or tech help for program-you could be knee deep up
the creek if you know what I mean!
Roland