[amayausers.com] Re: Operating system ?

  • From: "Veena Viswanath" <irisembroidery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:37:38 -0700

Clint,
  Buying the machine is analogous to buying a computer without the operating
system.  Can you use the computer without the OS?  No you cannot.

Amaya is not like the old machines where you can transfer the datafile to a
floppy and run the machine.  You definitely need the Operating System.

  I don't know if Melco would sell you the Operating software or not.  If
they do, they would probably charge you a lot.  I don't know what your
reasons are for buying just a machine without the software.  Before making a
decision, go and check out the amaya's at a show and find out the latest
prices of new and used machines.

The digitizing software is separate from the OS.  It can be bought
separately or bundled together.

Best Regards,
Veena Viswanath.

Iris Embroidery