[amayausers] Re: Nylon flag question-not embroidery

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:25:32 -0400

Luckily I can answer this one from experience!
I've heatsealed on the nylon and poly flag materials several times.
Specialty Films and Stahls both have iron on vinyl made for
'nylon' (jackets, etc.)
that works great. I think Stahls is the GorillaGrip II or something
like that. I have also
used my regular stock Specialty Film colors and it stayed put through
the washing machine-
I was really testing it for outdoor durability!
Factory tech was surprised when I told him how we abused it to test
it...
What you DO have to be careful of is overheating...the nylon flag
material will 'shrink' and
cause ripples if you overheat for too long. Use a teflon sheet over
your decal for a quick
5 second or so press-then peel off the backing, put the teflon down
again, and go for 15 seconds.
I use 375 degrees and moderate pressure and a 30+ year old cast iron
press!
Just got a new automotic Mighty Press so I have to test that and get
the settings.
But I recommend testing one flag, apply the vinyl, then run it
through your washing machine. If
it will stick through that, outdoor weather won't bother it.
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
NO PC or WORD files accepted!
Anything with .doc, .wvm, .txt, is automatically deleted. We have NO
ability to view, read, or process any files from any Windows or PC
based programs.
Preferred method of files is PDF for invoices, page documents, etc.
but not for graphics.
Photoshop (v.6) for images to be digitally printed.  ANY sign and
logo work must be supplied in Vector lineart (macromedia Freehand)
without any compression or .eps.
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx