[amayausers] Re: Nylon and Pulling

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:44:42 -0700

Depending on the color of the nylon jackets and the weight of the lining,
Lisa, I would use a poly-mesh cutaway if the nylon is white--otherwise, a
medium weight cutaway if the design is pretty dense.  I like to use a weight
that is similar to the weight of my garment but if the design is pretty
"heavy" then I use a heavier cutaway.  Hooping needs to be tight but don't
stretch your fabric.  At times I have used strips of rubber shelf lining
inside my hoop to help anchor the fabric if it tends to slip. If you
enlarged the design, how much larger did you enlarge it?  You may need to
add density and pull comp both.  I would probably start with adding 20% pull
comp and try it on a scrap of nylon to test it.  I have to run to my other
job for a bit but Rod is here and can tell you where to find those settings
if you need help.
Sharon
Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician/Owner