[amayausers.com] Re: Newbie Constant Threadbreaks

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 03:56:03 UT

This message was posted by Trainer on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/168.html#000008

Hi:

I am responding to the post regarding California Trainers--I am the only
California Trainer and I want to clarify the post that I said the needle eye
should be 5 degrees to the right.

I tell all my students that most of them do not know their weak eye from their
strong one. I always have everyone focus on a particular circular design on the
wall in the training facility. I have them put their thumb on the design with
both eyes open and then close their left, than their right eye and see what eye
stays centered on the design (this technique I learned from John Hanson). I
then tell my students  zero is best but it is easier since most people do not
see straight to turn the needle slightly to the right from 5-15 degrees (not
percent as someone posted). This way they do not accidently turn it to the
left, which will cause thread breaks.

I just wanted to clear up what I do tell my students and not have my students
post that they should not listen to what I say.

Thanks and happy sewing!

Cynthia Tisby