[amayausers] New to Amayas

  • From: rmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:31:09 -0600

Kip,
  I ran a 4 head tajima for 2 years before a divorce put me out of business...I
purchased 2 Amayas when I reaquired embriodery, I returned to production
capability in 3 months.  First you need to forget the "OLD" machine these are a
marvel unto themselves.  After I spent time with mine it was obvious that the
old Tension was gone as well as the slow speed.  My designs ran better when
they were updated to the Design Pro program and I learned how to set the
material thickness, presser foot and digitize for the Amaya.
After you have "Played" with them, take the training with Melco.  It will answer
many questions.  I took a log of the problems I encountered with my designs,
and of questions or situations I experienced to class.  My instructor left no
question unanswered.  The digitizing class was even a better eye opener, I had
many old notions to replace.  Hats are still a canundrum to me but I have
resolved that not all hats are meant to embroider and the customer must learn
what is possible.  To often we take a job just to please the customer and
regret the frustration of making it work.....We, my new wife and I will decline
jobs we Know will be a frustration, if the customer can not be swayed to a
different hat or design

Randy McIntosh
giraffiks, Inc.
Screenprinting, Embroidery and Design