[amayausers.com] Re: Needle breaks galore

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:00:03 UT

This message was posted by sewsew7 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/409.html#000007

Thanks for jumping in guys.  Lots of things to consider.  The machine I am
having trouble with is an XT.sugsted by Rod, and both cables are still
attatched and in good working order.  I have had this happen once, so I knew to
look there, but alas, tis not the problem.  I checked my pig tail as suggested
by Ed and it is in the 12 o'clock position with the normal amount of wiggle.
Have checked the gap as well, but am  sure this is not the ticket either.  It
is possible however that my needle plate is not centered as suggested.  With
fresher eyes this morning, it appears that my needle is oriented closer to the
back of the needle plate hole than the front.  It seems to be okay side to
side.  Worth a try anyway.  Could you please post a reminder on the steps to
take to correct this, as brain still feels exhausted, the phone is ringing off
the hook, and I am attempting to get  five kids out the door on time to meet
the bus for school.  Man, sometimes, when it rains, it pours, whi
 ch honestly it looks like it could do any minute now.  Thanks for everyones
help.  Hope to be happily sewing away soon.  :)