[amayausers] Re: Need help with handkerchief

  • From: Joyce Charlton <joycesthreads@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

I have been embroidering a poem onto handerkerchiefs and here is what I found
works for me.

Use #60 weight thread.  Font is elegans-dak
letter height I use is .303
Letter width is 120
Width is 120
Density is 8
no underlay

Hope this helps.  I do not use backing.  It sews out great without any thread
breaks.  Good luck!

Evelyn Runge <erunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

v\:* {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}o\:* {      BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}w\:* {      BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}.shape {    BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }Good Morning Everyone!

I have been fighting this hankerchief for a week now. I am embroidering a poem,
script font on a linen handkerchief for a wedding. Black thread, letters are
.5". I've tried all kinds of combinations, 110% to 150% column width, 3.5 - 5.0
density, no underlay, walk stitch underlay, zigzag underlay and a combination
of both. I either get lots of thread breaks, or the bobbin shows through the
top. Material thickness from 2-4. I'm not real picky about font, just want
something fancy. I love Diane Script but it just won't run that small. Has
anybody ever done a hankerchief? If so, can you help with some guidelines? I
think I've just looked at this on so much I'm missing the obvious. Any help is
appreciated. PS two weddings this Saturday!

Thanks,

Evelyn
Express It With Thread
Virginia Beach