[amayausers.com] Re: Need advice

  • From: "Edna" <edna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:42:16 -0600

I work at a local dealership, selling machines/software and do training on
both. The dealer carries Viking, Pfaff, Brother and Elna. The max on the
Viking is 14 inches by 6.9, the 6 needle Brother machine (identical to
Babylock, made by Brother) doesn't look all that large, but I like the
screen and different input methods. The new Pfaff Creative Vision has a hoop
that looks about as large as our jacket back and is a cool machine, but
running a sample with a 31k stitch design took almost 3 hours! I calculated
the stitch speed and it averaged out to 400 stitches/minute most of the
time. UGH! I don't care to spend that much time watching for the next color
change. I came home and turned on my Amaya, ran some designs and thought,
THIS I can do! LOL! The little 4 needle Melco machine looks identical to the
Janome 4 needle machine, I wonder who makes it for who? Melco for Janome or
the other way around. A gal at the local Janome dealership said they had
one, had problems with it and the tech at Janome could not get it fixed and
said don't waste their time ordering another. One day when I have more work,
I will definitely get another Amaya, maybe an XT! JMHO.
BTW, for those of you having problems threading needles, go to your local
Janome or Elna dealer and get their needle threader. You put your thread
across the front of the gadget, slide it down the front of your needle and
when it gets to the eye, a little metal piece pushes the thread through the
eye. Handy for my now 50 year old eyes!
Edna Khalifeh
Etched In Thread
www.etchedinthread.com