[amayausers.com] Re: Need advice

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:19:01 UT

This message was posted by Joanna W. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/525.html

Long story short...
I have an Amaya XT, 6 months old, has not ever really sewn well.  Thought it
was my fault and inexperience.  Called tech support many times and bottom line
is they are sending out a tech.  First question....this will cost me $250.00.
Doesn't that seem high for a machine under warrenty or is that standard?

Second question...He said it sounds like the rotary hook and/or hook timing.
Tech sent me directions to try and fix it myself.  The directions look
complicated. Would I be better off just leaving it alone and paying the price
to have the tech take care of it or is it easier to do than it seems?

Thank you for any and all advice.
Joanna