[amayausers.com] Re: Monograms

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:51:18 -0500

You can also 'build' your own monograms from
any font you want...
just type as SEPARATE images the three initials you want.
Use any font, get as fancy as you want...and put the 'last name'
initial in the middle and try 1 1/2 times larger than the two 'side'
initials.
ACB
I can't show you how to align the centers in the email
but you want to 'center' all three letters horizontally.
Because you have 3 separate 'images' you can slide the
side ones behind your center one, play around with them...
once you get it the way you want, not only save this for the 'job'
you are working, but if you have a 'folder' where you save files
you have digitized, like artwork-to use in other things, save this
and name it to match the font-I have a fancy script in my engraver
called 'Valentine' and I saved a monogram as 'Valentine mono_template'
so I can call it up anytime and just change the lettering to match
the new job.
Do the same in Design shop with a couple of fonts if you don't want
to use the stock monogram fonts. And if you aren't sure of the proportions for your letters, start with one of the 'included' monogram fonts and check
the sizes with those for comparison.

Roland