[amayausers] Re: Monograming Hairbows?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:12:28 -0400

I've done some testing on ribbon, but customer
decided not to go ahead with the order after I did.
Too many small letters for what they wanted.
But depending on the size of the ribbon you use,
you could use the fast frame system, adhesive backing
and some small clamps, or the slimline clamp system-use the narrow
'window' and sew out an 'outline' of the area to make sure you line up
the ribbon right.
I think for the fastframe there are windows for dog collars and/or
belts,
long an narrow-that would help.
You'd have to do the monogram in the right spot-make a bow, mark the
area, then undo the bow to keep the ribbon flat.
I'd use the finest/thinnest backing or try it without backing so it
doesn't show.
When we first saw the Amaya demo, and then again at class, they had mesh
type lace/voile embroidered, some with metallics-and no sign of any
backing
at all so I know it can be done.

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
Preferred method of files is PDF for invoices, page documents, etc.
Photoshop (v.6) for images, artwork, logos-preferred for logo and
sign work is Macromedia Freehand, any version, sent
to our email-we are all MAC based graphic programs here
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx