[amayausers] Re: Mock Collar

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:47:10 -0700

Roland,
Re-engaged memory function...........
I had read somewhere that you could take the solufab and use it as backing. You need to fuse two pieces (or more depending on the fabric) together by sandwiching them between 2 sheets on paper like grocery bags are made of. Use a med temp iron and they will fuse together. Let it cool and hoop away.
Was many stitches ago, memory fading again.

Herb
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:57:58 -0700
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Herb,

When the backing is gone what happens to the thread.  Does it get loose
and loopy?

Mike

HK Acree wrote:

MELCO has a water soluble backing. I have used it in heavy terrycloth
with excellent results.

From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:40:04 -0700
To: amayausers list <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Mock Collar

Hey,

I am sewing block letters on a mock turtle neck collar.  What backing
would you use?
I was going to use tear away.   Tear away might be too rough.....

Mike