[amayausers] Re: Metallic thread

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:17:40 -0400

If what I said wasn't clear. Only change the density for the metallic
thread. Leave regular thread at 4.0 density. Your digitizer should have
known this (assuming you told them.) If you did the logo, take that as a tip
for digitizing metallic thread for the future. It usually doesn't come up
often as most companies don't use metallic thread in thier logos.

Steve

From: Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Amaya <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Metallic thread
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:15:42 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone give me some pointers on sewing with metallic thread???
   I have about 24 fleece blankets to sew with a bank logo in metallic
thread and the design is 10000 stitches and the thread is forever breaking.
I have tried speeds from 900 to 1200 because I thought the friction was
probably the reason for the thread breaks and it made no difference.  I
don't know what else to do!

   Any help is appreciated!

   Darlene