[amayausers.com] Re: Melco will not be at Orlando ISS?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:38:55 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/127.html#000013

Everytime I go to the Melco booth at a trade show, there is a 15 minute wait
just to talk to a rep because so many people are around the booth. I also see
the salespeople writing up orders all day. I'm just looking in from the outside
but it seems to me they make money by going to the ISS shows. I have also been
to DAX when I lived in Minneapolis which the Melco booth was much slower mainly
because they don't get the crowds the ISS gets. I think they are shooting
themselves in the foot by not showing up. I'm sure if they sell 10 machines, it
would pay for itself. I don't know what the profit margin is but even at 10%,
it's $15,000 profit for the weekend.
Hotels in Orlando are probably the least expensive in the U.S. I got a Hilton a
few months ago for $37 on Priceline. The advertised rate was $79 which is still
good. Airfare isn't that bad because every airline flys there.