[amayausers.com] Re: Melco sold to Madeira????

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:09:13 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/556/2.html#000017

Isacord by Ackermann is awesome thread.  There are some techs that only use
Isacord.  We happen to use Arc and Isacord both only because we purchased all
of the Arc colors when we bought our first machine.  Ackermann carries all the
stabilizers and everything else that MecoMart carried and are a great company
to work with.

I will suggest staying away from the Madeira Rayon thread.  We have done
testing out in the field for customers who had designs with a lot of thread
breaks.  We stitched them with their Madeira thread (lots of breaks) and then
put on 16 cones of Arc and breaks went away.  I do use one shade of gold (looks
like jewelery gold) of Madeira's and that is it.  I think they have absolutely
beautiful colors!  Ackermann has color charts and colors very similar to what
Arc had.  They are located just across the freeway from Melco and used to be
"partnered" for a lack of a better word, with Melco.  The difference in the two
threads is that one is twisted with steam and one with a light wax of some
sort...so we were told.

Just my two cents worth...
Sharon