[amayausers] Re: Maintenance question

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:40:30 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/9.html#000001

We were told to always follow the recommended (pop up window) maintainence-but
then to 'customize that as needed.
Our Amaya sits under a Modine heater (ceiling mounted blower) and we had a lot
of problems with the needle shafts running out of oil, and not just before
Melco increased that oil 'hole' from 10 to 20 drops. Now we automatically add
10 drops if it has not been used in a couple of days, and also if it runs non
stop for a day or more, we 'touch it up' a few drops when we 'hear' more noise
from the needle head.
Bobbin area gets cleaned everytime we change a bobbin,and then also some
materials or hat types will also fill it up with dustballs or pieces of paper,
lint, etc. and it gets cleaned almost every other piece if needed.
If we are running several needles for high stitch count and the needles are
side by side, then we also reach through the slots in the front and hit each
shaft with 2-3 drops of oil-because the constant heat generated by side by side
needle bars drys out the oil wick there and it won't replenish fast enough.