[amayausers] Re: Machine Maintenance

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:21:54 -0500

Peter,
        The maintenance timers count backwards.  The 200,000 stitch timer, for
example, when reset starts at 200,000.  As you sew, it counts down and when
it hits zero, prompts you to perform maintenance.  The cap frame only count
down when you tell the OS software that you are using the cap frame drivers.
We don't do caps in our shop so we never get prompted to do maintenance on
the cap frame drivers.
        You can look at the timers and evaluate for yourself by going to the
"Settings" tab and then clicking on "Timers".  Make sure that the "Enable
Timers" is checked until you get to a point in your career where you know
better than the software when your Amaya needs attention.
        I don't mean to sound cute, but I've been to customer's sites where that
check was not present and the customer had been waiting for the maintenance
prompts that would never come since "Enable Timers" was not turned on.
Good Luck to you,

Ed Orantes
Amaya Tech/Owner
New Orleans, La.