[amayausers] Re: Machine Error message

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:23:29 -0500

Tom,
This error is telling you that you've lost communication between the machine
and the PC.  You'll have to do a little investigation on your part and I'd
suggest you start with the network cable.  If you only have one machine then
the cable is a "cross over" type network cable.  If you happen to get your
hands on a second one, you could swap it out or if not, simply reseat the
connectors in both the Amaya and PC jacks with the cable you have.  I have
seen very dusty environments in some shops that can cause all kinds of
connectivity problems.

Also verify you are not losing power to the machine.  If you shut down the
machine with Amaya OS open on the PC, you will get the same error.

I'd hate to think you're having network card issues in your PC.  If at all
possible, do you have a second PC you can use for troubleshooting purposes?

Remember to backtrack in your mind and think what may have happened in the
most recent past.  New software installed on PC??  Kids playing around the
back of the Machine/PC??  You just never know.  I traveled an hour yesterday
to see a customer who re-installed a cover on the machine upside down after
performing a lubrication schedule.  Like I said, you just never know.

Let us know what comes of this problem.

Ed Orantes