[amayausers.com] Re: Live Designer

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 23:14:30 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/83/2.html#000025

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by DaveShowey:
  QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by levelbest:
 Guys - I am good with Dave being here - I just want straight talk - no sales
pitches.    :)

Rather than hammering him, try to be constructive - but still be honest.  I am
sure melco doesn't want to hear everything is peaches and cream if it isn't, so
use this chance for an opportunity to give feedback to someone who is
apparently actually listening!

My thoughts on the LE was to allow people to get their feet wet with the
product.  Maybe sell 10-20 items and put a cap on it.  If the normal version
allows 50 fonts to choose from, allow 5 of the most popular.  If the full
version has 1000 stock designs, maybe the light has 100. Maybe you pay a
percentage per sale as the cost for the product instead of paying a
monthly/yearly fee (like the cafe press model)?  This would allow customers to
grow into the product.  Fact is the point of entry is just too high as are the
recurring costs.

Sure, off the shelf ecommerce systems aren't going to allow for customization
to the degree that live designer does but they also can be had for $500-1200
outright with no more fees.

So, if melco hit the market with a Light or Limited Edition version of the
product (like what adobe does with Photoshop - Photoshop Elements) and just
distills the elements that you need to see the value of the product, then sales
in the long run, and those seeing value in the product could certainly expand.

We did hear a lot of issues with Search Engine Optomization (SEO) in Live
Designer.  Has anything been done to address that?  ----- We actually have done
several things to address SEO.  The first being the LiveDesigner Suite
eMarketing Manual.  This manual is a comprehensive guide written for
LiveDesigner Suite customers that gives them a step by step guide on how to
market their online business.  Everything from SEO, to Google Adwords, to how
to advertise on Facebook, local business search, and every other way to market
your online business is covered in the guide.

We also have now allowed customers access to the html code.  This gives them
the ability to inject meta content into any and every page of their
LiveDesigner Suite site.

Keep in mind that there is no magic bullet for SEO, real organic search engine
results take time.  The documentation we provide shows what to do and how to do
it in order to maximize your SEO efforts.

Thanks!  ----- This is the first time I have heard of this. Why don't you
notify your customer when changes are made? It really doesn't matter at this
point because once my year is up, I'm going to use a different product for my
web hosting.