[amayausers.com] Re: Live Designer

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:06:33 UT

This message was posted by DaveShowey on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/83.html#000008

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by Steve:
 I have Live Designer and my sales have gone way down because of it. Luckily I
do this part-time and have a full-time job. User's are confused how to order
and what they are ordering. I think there are about 5 shirts that have the
brand name with the item. The only way to change it is to delete the item and
recreate it. And Melco charges another fee for the dongle to do that. There are
many issues with Live Designer right now and Melco won't listen to their
customers. You can not set a minimum order plus you have to do the digitizing
before a customer places the order. (And hope they order! I have digitized a
bunch of logo's after they create an account and tell me they want it then
never hear from the customer again.) If a customer wants a T-shirt with the
name 'Bob' on it, the T-shirt is $7 plus $1 for the name. ($1 comes from $1 per
thousand stitches at 1000 stitches. You can not set a minimum price.) How much
money will you make off of this? NOTHING! I'm looking into seve
 ral other options now.  ----- There is no fee for the LiveDesigner Prep tool.
 I will be hapy to send it to you right away if you don't already have it.
There is a very easy way to edit the products on your site as well.  If you
visit www.mymelcoworld.com (http://www.mymelcoworld.com) in the LiveDesigner
Suite users group I have posted instructions and a video on how to do just
that.

You also do have the ability to set your pricing to allow for minimums, and you
have complete control over what you are charging for the embroidery.  Have you
considered charging more than $1.00/thousand stitches?

We also offer over 10k print and embroidery designs so that a customer can
browse through your catalog of pre-digitized designs that do NOT require
digitization.

Why are you not charging for digitizing?  I don't know of any embroiderer that
will digitize something for free in the hopes that the customer will place the
order.  I recommend that you offer a free quote for digitizing, not free
digitizing.

It sounds like you need additional training to learn all of the functionalities
of the LiveDesigner product.  You can see the training schedule on
www.mymelcoworld.com (http://www.mymelcoworld.com) or you cancontact me
personally for a one on one training.

Thanks!