[amayausers] Re: Lemon

  • From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:53:42 -0500

I'm going to be honest in my experience with Melco and the Amaya. I took
delivery January 3rd, 2005. I watched the delivery guys try to lift the
machine from under the red "wings", even though there was a BIG orange paper
taped to the top of the machine showing where to carry it from. I stopped
them before they could do it. Then they carried it upstairs, the guy on the
bottom with the needlecase against his chest, no matter that I told them to
turn it around before they started up, they wouldn't listen. After they left
and I tried to thread it up, I noticed the #1 needle was bent to the front
and the spring that holds threads above the needles was broken away from the
right side, probably caught on the guy's shirt. Melco immediately sent a
replacement cover when I called.
Well, 7 weeks later, I'm in tears (hey I'm female and very emotional) and
the machine stitches like cr** since day one, the tech has been out 3 times
adjusting each time so it worked for about 1-2 designs, then it's downhill.
Then another tech who I shall not name who ran the ampass design with over
15 "violent thread breaks", didn't adjust anything and told me that other
than the thread breaks, the machine was just fine. Actually all he did was
brag throughout the whole session, UGH. And no, he's not any tech on this
list. I had jobs to do and getting calls from everyone how much longer until
their stuff would be ready. Don't have a backup machine either.
So I call one of the salespeople, asked about Melco's return policy.
What???? What do you mean? No one has ever returned an Amaya! And this was
in a rude, unfriendly tone.
So anyway, I call Melco, finally got hold of a tech who gets me to a
gentleman named Dion (last name?).  He sends his best tech from Denver, in
this case Herman Wilson to train me on the machine and software after
adjusting the machine. 2 1/2 days later, he is still trying to get the
machine to work properly so there was no time to train me on anything. He
called Melco and suggested they replace the machine. I owe a lot to Herman,
he got them to listen and the machine was replaced within 10 days. BTW, I
got the replacement machine, and ran it without any problems for 9 months
before I was able to go to training. Melco did right by me, it just took a
bit to prove the machine had a problem. I heard the first one was going to
be taken apart to see what was wrong with it, but we all thought it was
damaged by the delivery guys. I hope your problems are taken care of very
soon! Keep pestering them! It's too much money to throw away on something
that does not work correctly. And no you should not have to be the tech,
minor issues are ok, but I'd be crying again if I was expected to do major
stuff on this machine! No amount of anti-depressants could stop me either,
they haven't yet! LOL!

Edna Khalifeh
www.etchedinthread.com