[amayausers] Re: Lanyards

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:23:57 -0400

Lanyards are pretty thick so I would use a sharp point needle with 60 weight
thread (Madeira make 60 weight thread.) Since the thread is thinner, run the
machine at a slower speed to avoid thread breaks (Maybe around 600-750spm).
Keep in mind letters less than .20 inches will not be legible so pick a lanyard
that is at least .40 inches wide. Use sticky spray with tear-away backing (You
may not need the backing.) They will not be easy to sew on because you have to
align each one perfectly in the hoop or it will be crooked. You may want to buy
about 120 for the couple that don't come out right. I have never done lanyards
but those tips will help.
From: Tom D'Auria <lastczar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 06:17:56 -0700 (PDT) Hi folks - anybody know where I can
buy lanyards
for embroidering?  I have a school thats looking
to buy 100 of these embroidered.  Although I'm
not sure how easy that will be.  If anybody has
tips on how to embroider something that narrow,
please let me know.

thanks
Tom