[amayausers.com] Re: Knit Beanies

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:23:32 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1548.html#000001

On thick knits or polar fleece or terry, I always put down a light fill with
one underlay first.  It will pack down the material and give a relatively
smooth surface to sew the design. I set the stitch length to 30pts and the
density to 10 on both the top stitching and underlay with the underlay at 90
degrees to the top stitching (default).  Then, solvy should not be needed.
This layer should be the same color as the item.  It takes a little more time
to sew, but there is no solvy to hoop or remove and it usually looks much
better.