[amayausers] Re: Jacket Design Issue

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:20:47 -0700

Hi John,

 What I find is that in the Lock/Trim properties for the lettering objects
do not have Tie stitches turned on. First I need to know if you want it to
trim between the letters, if not then Ties between them is not needed unless
you are going to hand trim the garment later. Second, the first lettering
object is a True Type Font, is this correct? I must not have the font in my
computer, as the Name is missing from the Alphabet Properties Page when I
open it. This tells me I do not have the Font. Now, that is not all that
bad, as the wire frame of it is saved in the file, so it displays for me ok.
What font are you using for the word Intercot? Perhaps you can send it to
me, that way I can play with the file a little more so I change one of the
letters and it will work properly.

 I have not sewn this, but another thing to perhaps consider is the size of
the lettering. It will look good, but as a jacket design, it will get a lot
of wear. On a back, when seated the design will be rubbing against backs of
seats etc. This will cause the longer satin stitches to start to fray and
look ragged quicker. You may want to consider making it a fill instead of
satin stitches just so it wears longer. I know it means more stitches, but
the fill will last longer and look nicer longer. The smaller lettering will
probably be ok as satin. Just a thought.

 Anyway, let me know the answer to the questions, I can change the file and
send it back to if you like, then you can see what I did. Also, if you turn
on Show Tie Stitches in the Properties/General TAB you can then view the tie
stitches on screen and they will be in the Stitch List of the Tree. Also,
what version of Design Shop are you using? I need to know to make sure I
save the file correctly for the version you have to send it back to you.

Sincerely,
 Jeff Banks