[amayausers.com] Re: Is There an Adapter for Small Thread Spools?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:54:20 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/729.html#000010

OK, after $69.60 plus tax, I found the following work around at the Home Depot
plumbing aisle:

16 WATTS PL-3005 14 OD(1/BCTS)x1/4MIP Quick Connect Male Adapters (pink
color-coded packages)

             and

16 WATTS A-197 1/4" Barb x 1/4" Tip Hose Barb Adapters (green color-coded
packages)

The PL-3005s fit snuggly over the Amaya XT nylon thread post caps if you remove
the nylon compression tube sleeve from the adapter.  Then for the spools, I
bought the A-197s which screw onto the PL-3005s.  The spools sit snuggly on top
of the A-197s but don't slide all the way down.  But it's okay...at least they
won't wobble.

OK, now I can do my project!  ;-)

Ed