[amayausers.com] Re: Internet & Amaya

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:50:20 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/919.html#000006

I agree with Wayne.
No matter what you decide to do, if you get a virus on the PC that runs your
machines, you are not going to have problems with your machines, you will have
problems with the PC that runs your machines.
What this boils down to is that because of some stupid virus, now your
embroidery business is affected adversely to which you now have to either find
another PC or get your PC fixed before you can sew another garment.
If you don't put your Amaya PC on the Internet, you will never have problems
due to viruses, spam, adware, spyware, etc....
If you keep your PC separate from the Internet as well as strange CD's and
Floppy disks from people you don't know, you wouldn't even need to have Virus
Protection Software.

The PC that runs our machines in our shop has been running strong for years
without any Internet or virus problems.  The most I have to be concerned with
is making sure I back up the files periodically and check to see how much dust
is building up in and around.  Of course, I take a vacuum and compressed air to
it about every six months to a year to keep it clean.  Part of the maintenance
of an embroidery shop.

Ed