[amayausers.com] Re: Intermittent Tapping Sound

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:47:43 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/991.html#000001

I'm sure you will get one of the Techs that monitor the board to chime in.
But, I would think if you machine has been setting that the oil tends to dry up
so to speak and that before you do any thing you should go through one of the
maintenance procedures and make sure things get oiled and lubed before
restarting things. Which one is better left to the techs. But we used to have
to oil the v-rail and fill the oil reservoirs with oil and then oil the hook
for sure. We thought we were doing things up to par and following the
instructions but found they were merely a guideline and should be altered to
fit your needs and and usage. Of course we have a first gen Amaya (Red one) but
got noises from the same area, and found that when we applied liberal oil the
noise was gone and so was the problem...

Hope it helps...
Ron