[amayausers] Re: I need 100 hats NOW!!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:13:42 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/142.html#000001

There's 'cheap' and then there's 'cheap garbage'....customer claims to be
quoted $5 a hat...why didn't he buy them? Probably because they're imported
(3-6 weeks), setup or digitizing charge, freight charge, etc. etc. And how many
stitches?
And what type of hat? I've got catalogs here from suppliers that will do hats
for under $2.00, but 5,000 stitches, couple weeks to ship in, and you have a
deadline.
I've got probably 80 dozen or more foam front trucker hats I'd sell cheap...but
you can't embroider on them-only decal. Sanmar has 'inexpensive' canvas hats,
but if you haven't got time to do them-you aren't going to make a heck of a lot
of profit to meet $5 and freight, setup, etc.
Dick up in Canaan can turn around 100 hats in about 2 hours-he's done it for
me...but you are going to pay $1.35 or more for the embroidery, plus the cost
of the hat and shipping. Doesn't leave much room but you could squeeze some
profit out of it.