[amayausers.com] Re: I am embroidering on a cotton thin T-Shirt

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 06:30:11 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/930.html#000004

I can see several problems.

1. Your design is way, way, way too stitch intensive for a light wt t-shirt!!!

2.  Was that tear-away you are using?  Not for a knit fabric!  Use a heavy
(because of the massive stitch count) cut away.  Always use cut away for knits.

3. Look up "pull compensation" in the help files.  That is a very big subject!

4.  You can get a good "no-show" iron-on at American Embroidery Supple.  But
that is not going to be enough for your big design.  You will also need a
regular heavy wt cut-away under that.  And, yes, you will need either the
iron-on or glue it on.  Otherwise you see what happens!

5. Fred Lebow can probably tell you exactly what you need.  He is the expert on
stabilizers.

6. Just MHO, but a thin t-shirt just is not the media for a huge design like
you have.  Get a very nice garment that will last a long time.

I am sure others will add their 2 cents, but this will get you started.

Juli in Kona