[amayausers] Re: Hurricane Katrina - Ed Orantes

  • From: "Lee or Terri Hoover" <lhoover2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:15:54 -0500

Ed and family,

So glad to hear from you.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As to a place to live - what a daunting task - but so positive.  So many
places to choose.  I have always live in the central U.S. from North Dakota
to Louisiana and almost every state in between.  Mostly have been in Kansas.
The last 15 years have been in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of the Kansas
City, Mo. metropolitan area.  I really like it here, has good schools (my
daughter is 10), housing market is reasonable.  And I love the open spaces.
I have been told by Melco that there is not a tech in the Kansas City area,
the closest is 6 hours away.  I don't know how many Melco machines are in
the area though.  Two other towns I'm impressed with are Manhattan, Ks and
Lincoln, Nebraska.  Both smaller cities (20,000 ish) but college towns so it
adds a little bit more flavor that a city that size.  Home is where you make
it.

Good luck to you.

Terri Hoover

Embroidery Creations