[amayausers.com] Re: How to use the Group names

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:45:14 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1508.html#000002

Bruce,

Unless you really have all your ducks in a row and are familiar with its use,
using the Group Names can get you into trouble.

The problem I see with the group name thing is that you better know what name
goes on what shirt as to size and color, ie, Joe, is small and red, John is XL
and green, but you have another John and his is black, Janie is youth XS and is
pink, etc, etc....If you have all these lined up to where you don't have to
keep double and tripple checking as the next name comes up then go for it.

I prefer to just create the name list in a DS folder and load the names to AOS
to the Design Que. In AOS select Design Que, select the name you want, load it,
and sew it on the correct garment. There is a lot less chance for an error to
happen this way.

If all the garments were the same color,and the same size then group names may
be a time saver. You could try to sort them in this manner, but I prefer to use
the Design Que. Select a name (John) from AOS Design Que, look at my order
list, John is XL green, hoop this shirt and sew it.

Of course you can sort your garments by size, or anyway you choose an order to
sew them in...I have found this to be just as fast a way to get-er-done as
error free as possible. Group Names is just another tool to apply in specific
cases that makes it convienent to use it.

This is probably why you haven't gotten an immediate response, too many
varibles to hash over....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer