[amayausers.com] Re: How to re-install big thumb screws for cap assembly?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:22:13 UT

This message was posted by Loyda on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/824.html#000005

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the responses! The screws are in! We followed Rod's advice but
instead of taking out the 3 screws, we just loosened all 4 screws little by
little until we could lift the top part just enough to fit the thumb screws in
and then retightened the 4 screws on top.

I've had my machine for almost 3 years I do hats regularly, but not too many at
a time. I usually leave the assembly on the AMAYA XT arm even when I'm not
doing hats. The first thumb screw broke a few weeks ago, but I was still able
to do hats until the 2nd thumb screw broke.

Bill, thanks for the tip on using stainless metric hex bolts. I'm writing that
down for the next time!

By the way, FYI, I bought the replacement screws from MelcoMart for about $2.50
each.

Thanks everybody for the help!

-Loyda