[amayausers] Re: How to Store Threads

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:23:30 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/18.html#000001

We are working on a solution right now
and have it mostly done. We are using 10" pegboard hooks and standard pegboard
to hold
all our thread. We are using the ARC system and
it holds all 288 colors in an area 22" high by 46" wide. we also have 4
machines and then slide on all 4 spools of each color onto each hook.
(Mini spools by the way - 1000M) My goal is to build a freestanding 4 sided
spinner with the sides made of pegboard that can stand in my embroidery area.
at 12" wide and 24" high it would be small enough to not eat a lot of room but
would be able to hold all there standard colors in this manner and rotate for
easy access.
I'd send photos but we can't post photos anywhere on this site or the list. I
got the hooks at a retail supply company at $20 per 100 so for $60 and some
pegboard we are doing fine.
we also used some pre-punched price tags or repair tickets whch are basically a
business card with a hole at one end that I slid on each hook first that has
the color number so when they aren't on the hook I can see where they go.
Hope this makes sense, the smallest thread holder is around
$60 bucks and it only holds 3o to 50 spools.
so like you I needed an alternative.
Good Luck,
Ron - Body Cover