[amayausers] Re: How did this happen

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:30:13 -0400

Only way to stop it would be to have the website owner edit the robots.txt file to stop search engines from crawling the website. Chances are you won't be able to get freelists to do that. So just keep in mind EVERYTHING you post to any forum (exception would be some password protected websites) It would be pulled by a search engine and posted in public at some time. This is why I refuse to put links and supplier names on this message board and I suggest others not post suppler names as well. I don't think we need more compitition.

From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:07:51 -0400 Search engines catalog the list, as it is posted both publicly to a website and privately to your email box.

That's how it happened.

On 10/27/05 11:03 AM, "PPI01@xxxxxxx" <PPI01@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Several months ago I posted a request for information on the list. I now see
that Goggle has picked up the entire posting complete with my name address
and telephone number. The posting was not nasty it just voiced a problem I
was having with a company. The posting was not meant to follow me and my company
forever. Yes, yes I know nothing is confidential on the net but I wish
someone could help me understand how this happened. I will be more careful in
the future.

Anonymous
ppi01@xxxxxxx