[amayausers] Re: Hope it doesn't happen to you!!!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:56:30 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/30.html#000009

David,
I have worked on both warranty and non-warranty machines and , I can tell you
that it makes no difference at all to Melco as to parts availability.
Third party Techs, like myself, are private, sub-contracted people that are
trained by Melco to work on their machines out in the field. Other than that we
have no affiliation to them except as customers, just like you.
We don't get any special favors and parts are parts.....first come, first
served.

Call Melco again about the mother board.. Motherboards are rotating in and out
of their repair shop on a daily basis. They take them in on a trade basis ,
refurbish them and make these "used boards" available to customers. As far as a
"new" board....there have been several changes made to the boards, major
changes, and they are phasing some of the older boards out completely--so hang
in there, call them again. I have found Melco to be very responsive in getting
parts and getting them to the customer.

Rod Springer
Certified Melco Tech