[amayausers] Re: Hoops - Wood vs. Metal

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:48:50 UT

This message was posted by sschroed2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/159.html#000003

I am coming up on 1 year since I got my Amaya XT.  What I have found, is I
prefer the plastic to the wood, except for heavier items, like jackets. I have
found that the plastic larger hoops are half height and don't grab as tight as
the wood.  But I also had the problem with the wood not being straight.  As a
matter of fact, one was so bad, I sent it back to Melco and they replaced it.
I have bought 2 of almost every hoop size, except my fast frames and now
wishing I had 2 sets of them.  The only ones I don't use are the WACF hat
frames.  Just have never been able to hoop a hat without problems on those.
But the CCF is awesome.
Sue
All Custom Embroidery
Fontana, Ca.