[amayausers] Re: Hooping

  • From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:13:21 -0500

Wendy,  I just returned yesterday from my two days of training at Melco's
Training center in Gurnee, Ill and I must say your idea of hooping is closer to
what Melco recommends than anything else I've read the past couple of days.
The first thing they said about hooping is NEVER-NEVER use adheasives of any
kind.  They had us put our piece of fabric over the backing and then take out
the relaxation with your hands.  You do this by smoothing the fabric over the
backing with your hands. You put both hands over the center of the fabric and
smooth outward several times.  It helps the fabric and backing blend better.
The instructor also said to make sure the bottom hoop screw has been loosened a
great deal when you slip on the top hoop.  You should not have to put any
effort into fitting the top hoop into the bottom.  She also said you should
press lightly on the bottom edge of the top hoop first as you slide it into the
bottom hoop and then let the rest of the hoop slide in, not pop in with great
effort.  Lastly tighten the two hoops together and there should be little
problem. Just thought I'd pass this on since I just returned from class
yesterday.