[amayausers] Re: Hoop - Hooping Question

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:31:12 -0500

Terri,
The reason for adding stabilizer to the fabric is not necessarily to thicken
it but more so to make it more stable.  My definition of a stable fabric is
one that is not stretchy, will tear or move when pulled to the side with a
taught strand of thread.  Sometimes thicker fabric comes in handy when doing
small letters because it gives the small stitches something to hold on to.
Ed